And the Editors’ Choice Is…
“Zero Masterpiece” by Richard Edenfield
Congratulations to Richard for winning the “Rose Metal Press Field Guide to Writing” series!
One of the books in that series is “The Rose Metal Press Field Guide to Writing Flash Fiction”. If you want to improve your writing, this book is a good place to start.
This month, James Freeze won a copy of “Punctuation For Fiction Writers” by Rick Taubold and Scott Gamboe. This book comes highly recommended by Les.
Last month we gave the punctuation book to one lucky author. We have since expanded this book giveaway to include everyone—not just authors. If you want a chance to win a book once a week…it’s pretty simple stuff. You just have to check your email…
The following stories made the short list and have been put into our Featured Stories category. They are listed in no particular order.
- “The Minute Man” by Taylor Hotvet
- “Yellow Swans” by Matthew Mahaney
- “Conversations” by Toby Tucker Hecht
- “The Uses of Chaos” by Clay Fulghum
- “Ovinaphobia” by Stella Turner
- “Detention” by Xenia King
- “Sudden Weight Gain” by Brian Kenyon
- “More for Less” by Christopher Perry
- “Ebb and Flow” by Stella Turner
- “Agent Provocateur” by James ( Jim ) Freeze
- “Harry and May” by Paul Beckman
- “Open It” by Alex Tedesco.
This month you could win a 6 month subscription to Kindle Unlimited. All you have to do is write 101 well-crafted words! With the books mentioned above, you can probably pull it off.