And the Editors’ Choice Is…
“Dad” by Prospero Dae
Congratulations to Prospero Dae! I know he has been working hard on his writing. In fact, he just finished the 101 Challenge.
If you don’t know about our weekly book giveaway, now is a good time to know about it. I buy one lucky reader a book every single week…it’s pretty simple stuff. You just have to check your email…
The following stories made the short list and have been put into our Featured Stories category. They are listed in no particular order.
- “Love Song” by Angela J. Maher
- “Happy New Year” by Mary Mack
- “Observations” by Jeremy Burris
- “Grass Clippings” by Simon Hole
- “Memories” by Wiebo Grobler
- “In Her Underwear” by Kate Jones
- “Blues” by Bobby Warner
- “Gamblia” by Anarita Botelho
- “Cats” by Carinna Botelho-Howard
- “The Race” by K. Rawson
- “Writers’ Vice” by Jack Tilley
- “Garden Tending” by Joan Caska
- “Autumn Evening” by Dave Donovan
- “Death in July” by J. A. Knight
- “Salvage 101” by DeRicki Johnson
- “4/20 B.C.” by Andy Tu
- “In Utero” by Richard Edenfield
Congratulations to everyone! We had more submissions than ever this round.
Don’t bask in your glory too long—it’s time to start writing for the next contest.