And the Editors’ Choice Is…
“The Idea of You” by Sarah Bakewell
Congratulations to Sarah!
If you don’t know about our weekly book giveaway, now is a good time to know about it. I buy one lucky reader a book every single week…it’s pretty simple stuff. You just have to check your email…
The following stories made the short list and have been put into our Featured Stories category. They are listed in no particular order.
- “Pancakes and Grass” by Carinna Botelho-Howard
- “Pilgrims” by Joel Nagy
- “Train Songs” by Craig Gist
- “No Tomorrow” by Barry GJ Quinn
- “Don’t Forget Eggs” by Richard Edenfield
- “Twin Geeks” by Stephen Lodge
- “Handpicked” by Jason Kane
- “The Smell of Fear” by Vicky Newham
- “Arriving in Alex” by Mike Haran
- “Retiro Station” by Prospero Dae
- “Birth” by Melissa Hrico
- “Mind Gesture” by Rachel Khosrowshahi
- “Bacchanal” by Jayne Thickett
- “Urban Dad” by Jacob Schroeder
- “A Certain Nominee” by Matt Spaetzel
- “The Hog” by Nicholas Cook
Don’t bask in your glory too long—it’s time to start writing for the next contest.